Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hoonybro90
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

List of workspaces and users

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a was to get a list of all the workspaces and users assigned to those workspaces.

I been reading about the admin portal for powerbi but i dont think it supports something like that. I did see that it has a usage metrics dashboard, but the detail is only up to the dashboard level and not the workspace level.

We are trying to keep a list of who has access to what and this kind of feature would be helpful.

Thank you in advance

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@hoonybro90,

Power BI app workspaces are actually office 365 groups. You can consider to list these Office 365 Groups and their members using Powershell, for more details, please review the following blog.

http://www.morgantechspace.com/2016/06/list-office-365-group-members-using-powershell.html

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft Would love to give this a go, but I dont have admin right to the office 365 groups.

Will give it a go an write a feedback when we get a chance!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

There are Audit Log items for Sharing a Dashboard, etc. that may be useful.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Audit logs do sound interesting, but in our case, it isnt exactly what we are looking for. Smiley Sad

The power shell is a good solution to the workspace members but has anyone had any joy trying to list the members of a power BI App ?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @hoonybro90

The only way that I know of currently is if you have got the Audit Logs Enabled to see who has accessed the Workspace, as they would then be members of the Workspace.

I am hopefuly that someone else might have a more elegant solution.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I'm in agreement with @GilbertQ on this one.

The Audit logs only show who has accessed and modified items within a workspace. These include everything from create/delete through to viewing a dashboard.

Thanks,

J

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors