cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Linux and Scheduled Refreshing

Hi everybody!
My intention with this post is to share my challenges with Power BI, Linux and automatic refreshing, what I am doing as a work around and check if you have other options / alternatives for these problems.
Well, we know Power BI cannot be run in a Linux system (at least, haven't found someone who does), and I got this MYSQL database being updated daily via a web application. All I wanted to do is schedule daily updates in my Power BI reports, so my customers always got the latest information and I got a lot of time free for other activities. The problem is that my whole system is set up in a Linux environment, I that scheduling simply wouldn't work.

So far, I manage to think of 3 solutions (but not the ideal) :
1. Update manually every report after midnight ;
2. Keep my laptop always on;
3. Set up a "intermediate" machine with Windows (always on) to provide that bridge between data and reports.

Any of those options are vulnerable to electricity down times. Even if I get a no break device, the Internet signal will be lost and the reports will not be updated (and with no error messages).

If anyone got a better solution for this I would really appreciate, so will a lot of developers working with Linux, which is a much economical option than Windows Server.
Thank you,
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors