Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mainer04401
Helper III
Helper III

Links in app navigation pane to reports in other workspaces

Unfortunately my organization has reports and apps in a few different workspaces.  Putting them all in the same workspace would be ideal but it's not possible right now.

I thought that a work-around would be to build an app in one of the workspaces with custom links to the reports in other workspaces, however when I add links and set "open in" to "content area", when I open the app and click those links I get a blank page with an error "Widget contains web content not provided by Microsoft.  Web content could contain code with security or privacy risks".  The links work if I open in current tab or new tab but then I lose the nvigation pane.  

Any recommended solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelDoig
Advocate I
Advocate I

Embedding is the answer. 

Go to the report you want to appear in your app. File > Embed report > Website or portal and copy the secure embed code. 

Warning. 

The pages in this report will not display hierachically in the left nav like the workspace reports do. They'll display in tabs along the bottom, akin to the old report view style. A bit unfortunate that... 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I think the option might be to use the Secure Embed option link?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/easily-embed-secure-power-bi-reports-in-your-internal-porta...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors