Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

christoffeldg
Helper I
Helper I

Linking to a Power BI report

Is it going to be possible to create a single link to one specific Power BI report.

Also, can we link to Power BI reports from SharePoint. (Hopefully through a web frame)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jbocachica
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi, yes, each report has a GUID that you can use to create a link from your webpage or sharepoint, however, PowerBI doesn't work like SSRS when you can get a link to go to the report and don't use the Report Manager, in powerBI you will be redirected to the PowerBI portal and you will see your report inside the portal.

Regards

John Bocachica
Senior BI Consultant
Information Workers
http://www.iwco.co

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I am sure there are technical as well as licensing issues that need to be worked out. Just like you I can't wait to have it all working already but we are getting a lot of new great functionality with GA that should keep us busy enough with deploying those while patiently waiting for all the missing stuff.. It is very clear that Power BI is a strategic investment for Microsoft, so I am sure it's only a matter of time.
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Microsoft hinted that embedding would be supported eventually, but currently it is not. Let's hope for sooner rather than later. My guess is that now that the core set of features is being delivered with the GA, embedding should get high enough of a priority to bubble up to the top of what's being tackled next.

Well honestly right now it seems to be purposefully disabled. I'm getting a deny when I'm trying an embed. I don't see a good reason why.

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@christoffeldg Find the link given below. I created a webpage that points sharepoint online and embedded power view reports into the webpage and this works smooth!

Embed your Excel workbook on your web page or blog from SharePoint or OneDrive for Business

@ashishrj wrote:

@christoffeldg Find the link given below. I created a webpage that points sharepoint online and embedded power view reports into the webpage and this works smooth!

Embed your Excel workbook on your web page or blog from SharePoint or OneDrive for Business

Problem with this, is that we don't have any scheduled refresh, which is pretty crucial.

@christoffeldg From where are you importing data. I mean your source dataset ? (Excel/ CRM/SQL)

jbocachica
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi, yes, each report has a GUID that you can use to create a link from your webpage or sharepoint, however, PowerBI doesn't work like SSRS when you can get a link to go to the report and don't use the Report Manager, in powerBI you will be redirected to the PowerBI portal and you will see your report inside the portal.

Regards

John Bocachica
Senior BI Consultant
Information Workers
http://www.iwco.co

Thanks, it does not seem to be possible to create an iframe for this, is there any reason for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors