Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BereH
Frequent Visitor

LinkedIn Custom Data Connector - Error when refreshing dataset

Hi,

Such as to report on a company's LinkedIn page from Power Bi, I created a LinkedIn app, with the required scope (using the Marketing Developer Platform product), and developed my own custom data connector to access the API.

I don't have any issue retrieving the data in Power BI, and publishing the report. Such as to be able to refresh it on app.powerbi.com, I configured a personal gateway for this data connector. When adding my credential in dataset settings, I get the following error:

"Failed to update data source credentials: No contracts are associated with the logged in account, or the user does not have reporting permission on any contracts."

Has any one encountered this error before, or would know how I can solve it? My guess for now is that Linkedin only allow this kind of access for people who have a Sales Navigator account?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
AshWavy
Regular Visitor

Hi BereH,

It's great that you were able to build a custom connector to LinkedIn's marketing developer API. Would you mind sharing how you coded the connector such that I am able to input my apps credentials?

Thanks!

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BereH ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

Hi @v-luwang-msft ,

Thanks for your reply, and the ideas you suggested.
I finally managed to make it work by using a remote gateway, I don't fully understand why it didn't work with a personal one though.

Best regards,

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BereH ,

I looked up the documentation and didn't see a solution to a similar problem. It seems to me that you have the right idea. The following article, which describes in detail Publish Real-Time LinkedIn Data to PowerBI.com , including gateway configuration and credentials, may be a little different from yours, but you can see it here.

Publish Real-Time LinkedIn Data to PowerBI.com

You can also see the official article at:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-connect-linkedin-sales-navigator 

vluwangmsft_0-1629858998939.png

If you run into problems when connecting to your data, you can contact LinkedIn Sales Navigator support at https://www.linkedin.com/help/sales-navigator.

Hope the following documentations can help you:

How to Import LinkedIn data in Power BI

Linkedin Profile Analysis using power BI

How to do Free LinkedIn Connection Analytic with Power BI Desktop

LinkedIn Power BI Connector

Connection to LinkedIn using their API

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors