Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JonSwed
Advocate II
Advocate II

Link one report to another, and include dynamic URL values for filtering

Hi all.

I'm building reports in desktop, publishing to service and then sharing with my colleagues as embedded reports in Sharepoint.

This my scenario:

Report 1. This allows the user to search for an account id. I want to be able to include a link, to report 2, where the account id the user has searched for is used as a filter on report 2.

This is mainly for reasons off efficiency. Due to the nature of the data I cannot aggregate and it is millions of rows. Adding this data to report 1 makes it very large.

Is it possible to create a link from report 1, which contains the account id filter which will then be applied when the user clicks on the link to the report 2?

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JonSwed 

Not sure, do you mean you want the users to set account id on Report 1 and get the link to Report 2 filtered by account id? Could you show us your Report 1? 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi! Yes. The user can enter an account id. 

I then want to add that accountid to a link which will take the user to another report, which will then be filtered to the account id.

I cannot share the report, as it contains confidential information, but if it helps I can create a dummy version .

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors