Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

robbb220
Regular Visitor

Link a Report to a Master PBIX

I have one report that is a tab on a master report. 

Right now when I make changes and republish the master report the new report does not update accordingly. 

I know power bi has the ability to do this and I know I can load data into a new report on the desktop from an existing report. 

Is there a way to do this for a particular tab? 

Can I publish the report to multiple workspaces? I was having trouble with this. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @robbb220 ,

I have one report that is a tab on a master report. 

Did you mean you created some reports by the same dataset? Then we need to refresh the dataset to get the reports refreshed. 

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Yes I have a few reports from the same dataset. 

However, say I have multiple tabs on the "master dataset" if you will. 

I've tried selecting all and copying all tiles from one tab on the master and pasted them into a new pbi workbook. (I only want one tab to be the report that is shared with our client). 

When I chose the data source I see different values. When I update the data weekly and refresh the master however this copied format updates automatically but the data doesn't match up sysynctly with the master. 

When I make a copy of the master workbook and delete all the tabs except for the one I'm concerned with, the data obviously matches up perfectly with the master. However, when I refresh the master data, only the copied workbook updates. 

Ideally, I only want to update the master data pbi workbook and all the corresponding reports to update accordingly with accurate data that matches the master. There has go to be some way do this. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors