Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alindquist
Helper II
Helper II

Line Chart Being Cut Off By Reference Line in Power BI Service

I'm having an issue where my line and bar charts are being cut off at the reference line when I publish to the Power BI Service. The charts are not cut off in the desktop version, but once I publish to the service they get cut off. I tested copying the same chart and removing the reference line, and the version without the reference line does not get cut off (see screenshot below, where the two charts are exaclty the same except for the reference line).

Power BI Service Error.PNG

This appears to be a recent issue as I did not have this issue earlier this week. Has anyone else gotten this error? And is there a solution? I tested in multiple O365 tenants, so I don't think it's specific to my environment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alindquist
Helper II
Helper II

I received a response from Microsoft on the ticket I submitted for this issue and they said it has been resolved. I checked and the issue has been fixed for me.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
alindquist
Helper II
Helper II

I received a response from Microsoft on the ticket I submitted for this issue and they said it has been resolved. I checked and the issue has been fixed for me.

leoPBI
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am having the same issue (the constant line is cutting off the the top of the line chart).

Another workaround before MS fix this is to set Y axis Start & End (1 = 100% here):-

leoPBI_0-1603821990883.png

alindquist
Helper II
Helper II

I have narrowed down the issue to having a value in the y-axis start. If I leave the y-axis start value as "auto" then the chart does not get cut off. If I set the y-axis start to any value (e.g. 0) then the chart gets cut off at the reference line (as demonstrated in the screen shot from the original post).

Hey @alindquist 

Just wanted to confirm this reference line which you are talking about is the MAX value-line right?

Regards,

@Nimai123 No, it is a constant line

Hi @alindquist 

I have a test by building an Area chart (Y axis is percentage), add a constant line and set Y axis start by 0 and end by 1.

Then I publish it to Service, and my visual didn't be cut off.

1.png

Please upgrade your Power Bi desktop to the latest version and publish the report again.

And I found an issue like yours hope it could help you solve your problem: Line Charts with Constant Lines are not displaying properly in the Service 

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem, please set Y axis to auto like Nimai123 has replied to you until this issue has been fixed.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hello @alindquist 

I tried changing my constant line to 1500 as you mentioned but I can't see my Visual cutting off, you can use the other way solution of that Y-axis which you were talking about if that helps.

You have to set the Y-axis as auto because if you don't then the visual will be cropped like which you are facing now.  

Capture.PNG

Nimai123
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello @alindquist 

The interesting issue you know.

I tried to replicate your issue but I am not able to as I am getting my visual properly!

Capture.PNG

But you can try changing the size of the visual or recreating the visual or the report.

Regards,

IF YOU LIKE MY ANSWER PLEASE GIVE KUDOS AND IF MY ABOVE POST HELPS YOU TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM ACCEPT IT AS A SOLUTION. Nimai123_0-1603581794086.png

@Nimai123 In your screen shot your reference line is above all the data points in your line, so it wouldn't cut anything off. If you leave your December 2019 value at 3,000 but you change your reference line to 1,500 does the line get cut off for December 2019 when you publish to the Power BI service?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors