Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

v_mark
Helper V
Helper V

Limited Access inside Impact Analysis?

Does anyone know what "Limited Acess" means? Like any documentation out there as far how it goes in terms of viewers of users.

Why, How etc.

The screenshot below is the actual golden dataset I created which reports are being shared across multiple workspaces

v_mark_0-1633023913098.png

I might be behind in terms of updates but this is the first time I saw it.

Any help is highly appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @v_mark ,

Based on your description, when you make changes to a dataset, or are considering making changes, it is important to be able to assess the impact those changes will have on downstream reports and dashboards that depend on that dataset. Dataset impact analysis provides you with information that can help you make this assessment.

In order to perform impact analysis on a dataset, you must have write permissions to it. In the impact analysis side pane, you only see real names for workspaces, reports, and dashboards that you have access to. Items that you don't have access to are listed as Limited access. This is because some item names may contain personal information.

vhenrykmstf_0-1633315896558.png

For more details, you can read related document link:

Dataset impact analysis - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please point it out and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @v_mark ,

Based on your description, when you make changes to a dataset, or are considering making changes, it is important to be able to assess the impact those changes will have on downstream reports and dashboards that depend on that dataset. Dataset impact analysis provides you with information that can help you make this assessment.

In order to perform impact analysis on a dataset, you must have write permissions to it. In the impact analysis side pane, you only see real names for workspaces, reports, and dashboards that you have access to. Items that you don't have access to are listed as Limited access. This is because some item names may contain personal information.

vhenrykmstf_0-1633315896558.png

For more details, you can read related document link:

Dataset impact analysis - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please point it out and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If I am PBI Admin is there a way to find out who the users are?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors