Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tara_
Helper II
Helper II

Limitations of Sharing Reports with External Users using Azure AD B2B

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to use Azure AD B2B to share reports with external clients, however in the documentation 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-azure-ad-b2b

it mentions a couple of limitations, one of them is: "This feature isn't currently available with the Power BI SharePoint Online report web part.

I'd appreciate if someone can explain what this limitation means, is it related to the data source of the report being Sharepoint Online (which mine is), where the report will be embedded, or something else?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

You can embed reports in SharePoint but you can not share them with B2B users.

It is based on design.

Best Regards,

Giotto

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ora
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-gizhi-msft and others,

I was happy to find that someone else had asked this specific question here. Is this still a limitation? Could you please elaborate on your comment that "It is based on design"? Do you know if this limitation is due to an underlying technical limitation that will be solved in the future? Has this limitiation been put in place intentionally, and if yes for what reason? I can't understand why this limit is present.

I wanted to use planned per item sharing plus the sharepoint web part with use of pro/premium to make a simple portal for external user(s). With this limitation, what alternative approaches are supported? As I see it, the other alternatives are for external users to consume the app inside power bi service (not desired for my case, due to other functionality requirements) or to go for a full embedded solution (complicated / expensive).

v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

You can embed reports in SharePoint but you can not share them with B2B users.

It is based on design.

Best Regards,

Giotto

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors