cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunrit Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Limit users ability to view reports - dashboard access only

hi, I noticed that the scenario 2 does not work if user is accessing the Power BI dashboard from an IPAD. any ideas?

tks

mweijers Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Option 2 does work but drawback is that I can not set the last refresh time. When I tick that box the display title is automatically turned on!

I would be very usefull is the automatic derill down to the report is default disables for ALL pages in a dashboard.

I now have about 10 pages and I can manage this via the details, but when you have more pages and create different versioned updates to a dashboard you have to check all pages again.

HatemElshesheny Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hey guys, I am still struggling with the same issue where user can navigate from dashboard to report level. I know this is really disappointing, however, GOOD NEWS is you can apply RLS, Row Level Security, on your dataset in the PBIX file.

Using RLS will limit user data view to his assigned security level only. So yes he will be able to navigate to all report pages, but he will only see data based on his permission level. Other measures in the report will come as Blank.

HatemElshesheny Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hey guys, I am still struggling with the same issue where user can navigate from dashboard to report level. I know this is really disappointing, however, GOOD NEWS is you can apply RLS, Row Level Security, on your dataset in the PBIX file.

Using RLS will limit user data view to his assigned security level only. So yes he will be able to navigate to all report pages, but he will only see data based on his permission level. Other measures in the report will come as Blank.

mweijers Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

RLS is an option.

But how difficult could it be to just limit access to the underlying report?

For example members can only see the dashboard and admins can navigate to the undelying report.