Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

maracles
Resolver II
Resolver II

Limit users ability to view reports - dashboard access only

Within our organisation I have created various dashboards and given relevant users access to certain dashboards, not everyone has access to all of them. I thought this was all working well however I have just discovered that by clicking on any visual in the dashbaord the user gets access to EVERY page and visual in my report(!). 

No, I will first of admit that this has been caused by a lack of thorough due dilligence by me however I am quite suprised. 

Is there anyway that I can limit this. Once I have provided people with dashboards I only want them to view report pages containing those visuals, or even more drastically, not allow them to view the report at all.

On a side note, how would I create multiple reports without having to rebuild my entire data set for each report? Currently I have one data set which is linked to a single PBX file.  I make import all my data via this, create measures, make visuals etc and then publish to PowerBI in a report (and dataset) called "Company Data". 

Is there a way I can create multiple reports without having to build a wholoe new data set each time which would be a mess to maintain. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@maracles By design when you share a dashboard regardless of whether you had one pinned visual on it or pinned live page, user you've shared with gets access to same dashboard, reports and data as yourself including all the reports that you have within that pbix.

In order to use single dataset for multiple reports, once your dataset is published from powerbi desktop to powerbi service, in powerbi.com under Datasets click open on your dataset -> create visuals as required -> file -> save as. This will create a new report using single dataset.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors