Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Limit on number and frequency of daily refresh allowed with PRO licence

Hi community,

considering I am working in IMPORT mode, sourcing from SQL table/s (on premise source).

Potencially this data source can be updated very frequently and I need to understand which is the maximum number of refresh/syincronization I can do in the web portal, with and without the usage of a data gateway (in the second case I mean to refresh the desktop version and the repuplish on the portal overwriting the older version).

I would not consider the direct query option becasue this give me some limitation on measure, calculated coums and raw level security I need to perform in PBI.

Does this limit exists? What is this limit? any difference by using a PRO or PREMIUM subscription?

I'm struggling to find out these ansewrs in detail. Need help.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I cannot find that information too and I never use that with so much intensity.

I think like you, I guess that there is not limitation for that feature. 

If you have a limit for the manual refresh, you can also do the refresh in your desktop file and publish after the refresh is completed. That I already used it in the development and I never found a limit for that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
guiggs
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Anonymous!

You have the information in the following table:

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @guiggs  for this which is already answering a lot.

Please give me one clarification more if you can.

You have replied me based on a senario where the refresh is SCHEDULED in pre-defined time intervals. 

Now, assume that I would not use the schedulator for refreshing and just doing this manually by clicking on the refresh button whenever the datasource it's updaed, and this can potencially happen more that 50 times per day.

Do you know whether ther is a maximum number of daily manual refresh/syncronization?

I mean... do you know wheter after N times in a day I refreshed the same report Power BI web portal does not allow me anymore to refresh? I guess ther is no such limit, but I cannot find confirmation anywhere.

Thank u!

I cannot find that information too and I never use that with so much intensity.

I think like you, I guess that there is not limitation for that feature. 

If you have a limit for the manual refresh, you can also do the refresh in your desktop file and publish after the refresh is completed. That I already used it in the development and I never found a limit for that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors