Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBIHubex
Frequent Visitor

Licensing of PBI Embedded and other options

Hi!

My organization, a software vendor, is going to implement PBI Embedded in its product so that users of our platform can view reports related to the use of our platform.

We have studied the topic of licensing a lot, but it is still not entirely clear whether we have taken all options into account. Our requirements: content is filtered depending on the user (this is implemented through the API, there are no problems with this), and so that the viewers can make their own bookmarks.

1. What licensing options are available? Do I understand correctly that in any case we will need a capacity and Pro or Premium license for a master account, or are there any other licensing options?
2. Do all licensing options support creating bookmarks by viewers? Or we have to do something specific in order to provide that option, for example particular authentification through API or something else?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBIHubex ,

1. If you will work with shared content, you'll need at least a Power BI Pro license.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-consumer#am-i-a-power-bi-business-user 

2. Any Power BI user can create personal bookmarks. However, the ability to use bookmarks created by others requires a Power BI Pro or Premium license.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-bookmarks 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Thank you! Could I ask a few more questions?
1. Initially, embedding a report with authorization by token (not by login / password), report viewers will not be able to create their own bookmarks. Is that correct?
2. In order to provide option for viewers to create bookmarks, do we need to purchase a PRO license for each individual viewers and change method of authorization to login / password?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors