Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RadimHampel
Advocate II
Advocate II

Licensing for shared device

Hi,

I would like to deploy Power BI reports in continuous production line, where it would be used by number of users. I would like to use one account per device, is that legally possible?

What about shared dashboard visible to all workers, I guess in this case it's fine.

Anyone to clear my doubts?

Radim

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @RadimHampel,

If I understand  your scenario correctly that you want to let the use could see the shared reports on their device with their own power bi account?

If it is, if each of your users has their own  Power BI Pro license, they could see the shared reports on their device.

Please note, if your users only need to view the reports and number of the users are very large, you could consider to purchase Power BI Premium, which allows free users to see the contents in Premium capacity.

In addition, you could use this calculator to choose which is your best choice Power BI Pro or Power BI Premium.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, but I specifically evaluate scenario where one device is shared by 10-15 workers. They don't have user specific data, they want to see near to real time data generated from production system (basically production plan for current shift). Ideally there will be device specific account (device01@company.com), but I'm not sure if this is fine by any licencing terms. Premium is out of question.

Can this be done?

Hi @RadimHampel,

Sorry for the delay.

Actually, Pro license is user license, I'm afraid that is not related to device. On one device, we could login with different Power BI accounts.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors