Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rohit7005
Employee
Employee

Licensing - Power BI Premium

Hi,

I have a question regarding licensing. I have a power bi pro license within my organisation which gives me the ability to create and edit content which I can share amongst my organisation. My organisation users who want to access the content DO NOT have a Power BI Pro license but as an organisation we have Power BI Premium.

We have developed a web portal that uses Azure AD authentication. And I want to host the reports in that portal for users to consume the report.

1. When I publish my report in Power BI Service and choose "Share- Embed to Web Portal" option and provide my UX team with the iframe URL, will my Users(viewers) can see the reports without Power BI Autentication on the portal?

Do the Viewers need to have a Power BI account? Can single sign-on with Azure AD on the portal sign-in page will allow users to see the reports without Power BI prompting to Sign-in again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Rohit7005 ,

ahh ok take a look here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/PBI-Secure-Embed-Avoiding-quot-sign-on-quot-with-AAD/m-p/61...

may be this will help :).

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KBO
MVP

Hi @Rohit7005 ,

If you use publish to web I will also be able to see your report. Please don't use that! Only if you sure that there is no sensitive data!

If you like to share over a portal publish the report to a workspace with premium capaity and emdedd the report into you portal site :).

Best,

Kathrin

Hi @KBO ,

I posted the wrong Publish Option..:( Corrected now in the Post.

I will be using "Embed to Portal" option for the reports, However, my question is based on the scenario where  Can the Users(viewers) will be able to see the reports if they are not Power BI users or don't have a Power BI account?

Is it possible to view the reports in the portal without signing-in prompt from Power BI?

Hi @Rohit7005 ,

ahh ok take a look here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/PBI-Secure-Embed-Avoiding-quot-sign-on-quot-with-AAD/m-p/61...

may be this will help :).

Best,

Kathrin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors