cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carloscabreraq Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

License

Hello, in my workplace we have two Pro License to make reports and dashboards. Currently we have nearly 10 users that will only look up the reports or dashboards and won't make any changes, which kind of license should be required, should i take the free license or maybe the "publish to web" option, for the "reader users"? thanks for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: License

Hi there The best option is to purchase an additional Power BI Pro license. This will allow you to share your dashboards and reports with other users, as well as allow them to use the Power BI mobile app and Analyze in Excel options. If you go the publish to web option (which is not recommended) you data can be viewed by anyone who gets that link. As well as potentially search engines can index it and show your data via searches. For the Free license option, you would have to have your data on the Power BI Premium and share it via an App

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
"Proud to be a Datanaut!"
Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi there The best option is to purchase an additional Power BI Pro license. This will allow you to share your dashboards and reports with other users, as well as allow them to use the Power BI mobile app and Analyze in Excel options. If you go the publish to web option (which is not recommended) you data can be viewed by anyone who gets that link. As well as potentially search engines can index it and show your data via searches. For the Free license option, you would have to have your data on the Power BI Premium and share it via an App

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
"Proud to be a Datanaut!"
Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @carloscabreraq,

AFAIK, if you share contents with 'publish to web' feature it not require license to view it.(it not allow any security setting on it)

Publish to web from Power BI

For other share features they all require pro license(both send and receiver).

Share your Power BI dashboards and reports with coworkers and others

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 249 members 2,429 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: