Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alex_SD
Frequent Visitor

License options: Premium or Enterprise

Hi all,

Still very confused with which option to go with based on features available.

We would like to use Power BI SSRS on-premises but the only connections available is SSAS.

As a test I've created a report connecting to AS, and need to add a New Measures / Columns, which isn't available. So that option for now isn't viable as all my existing reports use this feature.

This raises more questions:

1. If we move to Premium, will my existing reports, that uses on-premise SQL Server and has custom Measures / Columns, still work with the existing Gateway?
  2. If we purchase Premium, and SSRS is released with more connections, and has the ability for Measure etc, can we upgrade/move to Enterprise with Power BI SSRS or are we tied into the year, as stated with Premium license?
  3. Do we purchase Enterprise, move all are existing RS reports and wait for more connections to be available to publish PBI reports - and use the Pro license as we have done for past year? (not Premium)
  4. Ignore Premium and Enterprise routes and stick with a few users on Pro? Which leaves us unable to deploy content to future users?
  5. Or move to another BI Solution

I'm sure I'm not the only person struggling with these options... Any help and guidance would be great

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

1. Yes they should all work with existing gateway

2. You get a license for Power BI Report Server comes with Premium

3. You could do that

4. You could do that as well

5. You could also do that

See if this article helps at all: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/power-bi-licensing-pictures-greg-deckler-microsoft-mvp-

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors