Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Legend color problem when publish in service.

I used a dual chart(bar and line). 

Powerbi desktopPowerbi desktoppowerbi servicepowerbi service

In PBI desktop legend shows correct color but when publishing in service it became black but interaction remains the same.

Fail Pass color became black.

Can anyone help with this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous , I have encountered such issue in the past when legend colors were changed on its own. 

What I later discovered is, if the default colors are kept as is when you publish in the service, every time the page/data is refreshed, the service assigns the legend colors on its own. 

In order to avoid that, try choosing the colors in the desktop and check in the service if they are the same.

Even if default colors need to be kept, you can select them once, that way it doesnt need to determine the colors.

View solution in original post

Hi, @Anonymous 

Days ago I reported the error with support and it was already solved, in case you can put the problem as resolved please.

Regard, Jesús!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
abhishekrws01
Helper I
Helper I

Hi-

how and where to select the Colors. Could you please share the screenshot? I am also facing the issue since last couple of days. Desktop has different (my preferred) Colors and they changed once I publish on PowerBI Service 

thank you 

rgreener
Frequent Visitor

Did you ever find a solution? I have built so many model without issue. Posted one last night and all my legends are black, visuals have correct colors and interactions. Thank you 

Hi @Anonymous @rgreener 

Have found a solution I have been with the same problem for 2-3 days but it is in red. @Anonymous 

PowerBI.PNG

Thanks!!!

Hi, @Anonymous 

Days ago I reported the error with support and it was already solved, in case you can put the problem as resolved please.

Regard, Jesús!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous , I have encountered such issue in the past when legend colors were changed on its own. 

What I later discovered is, if the default colors are kept as is when you publish in the service, every time the page/data is refreshed, the service assigns the legend colors on its own. 

In order to avoid that, try choosing the colors in the desktop and check in the service if they are the same.

Even if default colors need to be kept, you can select them once, that way it doesnt need to determine the colors.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors