Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jjoyce0425
Advocate III
Advocate III

Legend changes color to all black when publishing

Hello! We have a report which is using a line and stacked column chart. In the desktop version, everything looks as expected. However, once publishing, the colors in the legend change to all black. The colors in the chart itself are as exepected; it is only the legend which has this issue. Per the user, this was working as expected in the past. 

I have updated my Power BI desktop to the latest version - that did not solve the issue. I have tried selecting the default theme and republishing but the legend colors are still all black. I have also tried making a small color change, saving the current theme, importing it into my .pbix file and republishing but that also did not fix the issue. I've checked this in Chrome, Edge, and IE; they all have the all black legend with the correct colors in the actual column chart.

Power BI DesktopPower BI Service
jjoyce0425_0-1595362896212.png

jjoyce0425_2-1595362904626.png

Please note: Demand FTE and Supply FTE are both lines on this chart. Those legend colors are correct in service. All the other items in the legend are part of the stacked columns and the legend colors are all incorrect in service.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I have seen others report that the colors are not coming through for reports being uploaded.

I would suggest logging a support ticket so that it can be looked at.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

this is still an issue in the service...

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I have seen others report that the colors are not coming through for reports being uploaded.

I would suggest logging a support ticket so that it can be looked at.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Power BI Blog

Sorry about the delay on updating this post - I had submitted a support ticket per your suggestion and the Power BI Team was able to fix this. Thank you!

HI @jjoyce0425 ,

Was this resolved with your ticket?  If so, what was the solutions?

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi @collinq  - Actually, the issue seemed to resolve itself on its own. I had submitted the ticket for support but when they reached out, the issue had already been fixed. They were not aware of any bugs on their end so I don't know if the product team did anything to fix it or if it was just a strange thing that was happening temporarily.

Thanks @jjoyce0425 ,

I appreciate teh feedback, but, I was hoping for some great action on your part that fixed it.  🙂   I am having the same problem now.....

Thanks for the response.

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

I have the same issue here ..  some times it goes alone and other times it returns back 

wait for any fixing for this issue 

thanks 

Thanks for letting us know.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors