Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

marcusearly
Advocate II
Advocate II

Legend Background Format Issue

Hello!

Having an issue with Legend formatting in the service. Anyone else had this happen with Legends in the service? The greyblue bar appears to be a legend background. November build with new filter experience. Have the theme set to default. I reset the legends to default and nothing seemed to change.

Service View:

Service Version.PNG

Desktop View:

Desktop Version.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi marcusearly,

This issue has been reported internally CRI 92321588, please pay attention to this thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Legends-in-Power-BI-service-is-appearing-with-a-background/...

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi marcusearly,

This issue has been reported internally CRI 92321588, please pay attention to this thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Legends-in-Power-BI-service-is-appearing-with-a-background/...

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

The fix deployed in the link above fixed my issue. Thanks all!

G_R
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same issue.  Tried changing the Visual to various other chart types such as Area Chart, Stacked Area Chart, Line and Stacked Column Chart  but all have the same problem. 

Would be great to be able to have the ability to change the background colour of the legend however this is clearly a fault which needs to be fixed as soon as possible.  

Same problem appears across all our web browsers and mobile devices.  (IE, Chrome, IOS and Android).

vdburg
Resolver I
Resolver I

I have the same problem. Just at the day that everyone needed to make screenshots form multiple charts for presentations.

I changed the text font to white for some but I can´t fix all the legends. This needs to be solved by the Power BI team urgently.

taxman221
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue and it has still not been resolved

asyasali
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue and there is no way to replace the dark green with another colour. There is no issue in the desktop client, but once published, all legends change their background. I hope there is a fix to this soon.

mbarne

I have same issue. First time I have noticed was around 2 days ago.

wknelson
Advocate II
Advocate II

@marcusearly @DirkFrazier I'm having the same issue - any luck rectifying? 

In desktop looks great

Normal no bar.jpg

In online service, the unwanted background appears - yellow arrow indicates the background bar that can't be removed or formatted.

Unwanted bar.jpg

Ken 

I have not found a fix yet.

Hi

We the same issue. Icannot find a property to turn it off.

Were you able to fix this or have you logged it as an issue with Microsoft?

Thanks

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi marcusearly,

Does this issue happen on desktop? Change the browser and check if the issue still happens.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

I apologize if this post is a duplicate. The forum editor lost my first attempt at replying when I submitted my post before logging in.

I'm having the same problem in the Service. I have a dashboard that is an entire report page pinned live. When I view the dashboard the legend backgrounds appear transparent. When I switch to report mode, the legends appear with dark backgrounds. When I return to the dashboard using the breadcrumbs at the top of the page, the dashboard continues to show the dark backgrounds. If I <shift>+Refresh the browser page (not the PBI refresh action), the legend backgrounds become transparent again. <shift>+Refresh only works to make the legend backgrounds transparent in the dashboard view. I can repeat this behavior in the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. This behavior is not exhibited in the Desktop version of Power BI.

Dirk

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors