Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datazen
Helper I
Helper I

Left Menu not showing in App ('Home', 'Favorites', 'Recents', etc)

I have an app with one underlying report which I have published. When I open the app the underlying report appears without the usual left menu ('Home', 'Favorites', 'Recents', etc). I need that menu to appear for users. I can get the menu if I choose 'edit app' and then click on the underlying report that is shown.

I do NOT get this behavior when I publish the app to another workspace . In this other workspace, opening the app brings me to a listing showing the underlying report. I then click on that and get the report and the left menu.

How do I change my app so that the user do not get the report missing a left menu?

Thanks,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Datazen ,

There are 2 different things in Power BI services. 1st is Workspace and 2nd is App. Which one are you talking about? It seems like you are comparing both and want left menu of workspace present when you open App.

In both these, only the reports present in that workspace or app will appear respectively.

If you are talking about Home, Favourites, Recents, Apps, etc., they are visible only in Workspace and not in the App. When you click on edit app, you are basically navigated back to the workspace and that is the reason why you will see left menu.

This is by design of Power BI.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Datazen ,

There are 2 different things in Power BI services. 1st is Workspace and 2nd is App. Which one are you talking about? It seems like you are comparing both and want left menu of workspace present when you open App.

In both these, only the reports present in that workspace or app will appear respectively.

If you are talking about Home, Favourites, Recents, Apps, etc., they are visible only in Workspace and not in the App. When you click on edit app, you are basically navigated back to the workspace and that is the reason why you will see left menu.

This is by design of Power BI.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Thanks for the clarification. What's curious to me is why, in one case, when I open the App, it brings me directly to the app with no left menu. When I open the identical app that is published to another workspace, it brings me to a listing showing the underlying report. Why is this behavior different? Thanks , John

Hi @Datazen ,

Can you attach images of both here and indicate the exact difference?

Thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors