Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Launch new Report in the same tab from a Report in PBI Embedded

We are building Power-BI Embedded reports and in of the report we have the url: "app.powerbi.com/.................."

I want to replace this, so that it can open the report in my embedded site, not on the PBI Service.

tile click event is for dashboard, but not for reports. 

So, is there any way that I can call the new report in the same tab when using in Power-BI embedded?

Any help will be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The clicks on reports are interactive while they aren't in the dashboards. We can reload other reports in the same tab. But I'm afraid it's hard to open it from the click on the embedded report. I would suggest you create some buttons in your application. Please also refer to Report-Click-Event.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-jiascu-msft: Thank you Dale!

Yeah, my workaround is to click on the actual report from the menu. 

I am listing all the reports, dashboards that user having access to (Similar to "Shared with me" tab on PBI Service). 

But, user requested to have the similar user experience as they have currently on PBI Service. 

I will check into Report-Click event to see if that could help my request. 

I was also trying with HHTP:/Localhost/..............., but I am not able to frame the URL which is working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors