Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwinkels
Frequent Visitor

Last refresh succeeded: undefined

I have two datasets that are no longer refreshing. What is strange is I receive no errors. However, I am unable to delete the datasets and when I look in settings the system says the last refresh succeeded but the date is "undefined". It also says the next refresh time is in the past (screenshot below).

Essentially I'm stuck with old datasets that I cannot delete or refresh (FYI this is in the web version only -- the datasets refresh fine in Power BI Desktop). Has anyone ever encountered this before?

error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

All great suggestions. I am using the most current version of both BI Desktop and the Gateway. Updating the software has gotten me out of a few issues in the past, so it is always the first place I start.

I actually figured out a solution. I turned off auto-refreshing and then turned it back on. For some reason the dataset started functioning properly again after this change (after being stuck for the past two days).

Thanks so much for all your suggestions, kcantor. Really appreciate your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I did encounter this once in the past. In order to work around it, I republished from the desktop file. It would not work for a reimport but the publish feature within PowerBI seemed to have no problems.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately the publish feature is also not working. It times out after about an hour.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

In that case, I would suggest updating both the desktop software and your gateway. Make sure they are the same version. I did have an issue two weeks ago where my publish would time out. I updated all software and it is once again working correctly. Your gateway could be preventing the refresh as well.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

All great suggestions. I am using the most current version of both BI Desktop and the Gateway. Updating the software has gotten me out of a few issues in the past, so it is always the first place I start.

I actually figured out a solution. I turned off auto-refreshing and then turned it back on. For some reason the dataset started functioning properly again after this change (after being stuck for the past two days).

Thanks so much for all your suggestions, kcantor. Really appreciate your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors