Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jgarciabu
Advocate I
Advocate I

Large Font Data Cards

I'm trying to create Google Analytics style dashboards using our own internal data. I'm having difficulty creating data cards like the ones found in the image I've attached. Notice the font in the single data point cards and how big it is. If you've tried to create data cards in PowerBI desktop or the service, you'll notice the max font size is 40 and even when you choose to resize the cards on your dashboard after you've published and pinned, the font shrinks along with the card size. There ends up being a lot of empty/dead space surrounding your data point. Ideally, the number would take up the entirety of the card. I'm at a loss for what to do. Is this not something we can do with Power BI? Can only big names like Google and others who have public facing content packs utilize these larger fonts? Any help or insight will be appreciated. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've searched for how to do this and I've come up empty.

Google Analytics Power BI Dashboard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jgarciabu

Are you using “Pin Live Page”? Please try to use “Pin visual” instead.

Large Font Data Cards_1.jpgLarge Font Data Cards_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

@jgarciabu Help me a bit in understanding the issue... Your image shows the larger font size right? But there is none of the cards you are creating in it correct? When i build a card, and max out the font size, it is the same size as the ones in my Google Analytics report... neither one is bigger. The top one's below are the GA, and the bottom one's I just threw in quick.

font.JPG

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi Eno,

Thanks for your response. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong. Take a look at the following screenshot to see what my dashboard looks like.

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 9.52.50 AM.png

Notice how I have to pack a ton of data on one card to cut down on the dead space. Ideally, I'd like to have a card as small as the one on the right but I'd like for the number to fill out the whole card. How are you able to keep your numbers so large while shrinking the card?

@jgarciabu There are two card types. The one it looks like you are using on the left is the "Multi-Row Card", is the one on the right just the "Card" visual? They are right next to each other in the Visualization section.

I'm using the "Card" visual to produce the tiles I showed in the image.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi Eno,

I'm actually using the card visualization for both reports. To get the format you see in the left card, I just put a bunch of card visualizations on top of one another on one report page and published the report like that. But I am only using card visualizations for both. 

Here's another shot when both are the same size. Notice all the deadspace around the single data point card. How do you resize your cards, but maintain the large font size?

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 10.05.55 AM.png

@jgarciabu I just noticed something. What are you using to create the reports? I don't recognize the "Power BI Preview" and green icon that you have in your initial image...

I made these changes in the Power BI Service... The same behaviour is found in the Power BI Desktop...

@Seth_C_Bauer I've used both PowerBI Desktop (Version: 2.40.4554.463 64-bit (October, 2016)) and the PowerBI web service to try and build these data cards.

Edit: The image I referenced at the beginning is one I pulled from the internet to demonstrate the look of the card I'm after.

@jgarciabu

Are you using “Pin Live Page”? Please try to use “Pin visual” instead.

Large Font Data Cards_1.jpgLarge Font Data Cards_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

@v-haibl-msft This was absolutely the solution I needed! I was pinning the whole page and not just the visualization. Thanks for clearing that up!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors