Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vidyadutt
Advocate V
Advocate V

Landing on hidden page in Power BI app

Dear experts,

We have a report where a Power App first gets data from API and refreshes Power BI dataset. The data from this report is later exported and used by sales reps. We want to hide the landing page so that it doesn't get exported and only pages with relevant contents get exported.

However, when we access the report from app, it doesn't land on the hidden page. It lands on the first non-hidden page. Is there any way to force the report to land on the hidden page when accessed from app?

When we access the report directly, it lands on the hidden page and behaves the way we want it to.

Cheers,
Vidyadutt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @GilbertQ,

Thanks again. By sharing the link to report within the app, it opens the hidden page (the report link that we get under Links in app settings --> Permissions). This way, it stays in the app and we don't share the report directly to the users. We have decided to provide this link in the Sharepoint page, which is the users' starting point.

Regards, Vidyadutt

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @vidyadutt 

What I would do is to ensure that in your PBIX you save it on the page/sheet where you want it to default to.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi, @vidyadutt 

This is not supported currently. For your requirement, you can submit it as an idea on Power BI Ideas forum and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thanks @v-easonf-msft. I'll do that.

Hi @GilbertQ,

We saved the report that way. As I mentioned, it works fine when we open the report directly, but not via app.

Regard,

Vidyadutt

Hi @vidyadutt 

Unfortunately that is the only way I know of

The only option I can think of is to go via the app to the page where you want the users to land and send them that particular link?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ,

Thanks again. By sharing the link to report within the app, it opens the hidden page (the report link that we get under Links in app settings --> Permissions). This way, it stays in the app and we don't share the report directly to the users. We have decided to provide this link in the Sharepoint page, which is the users' starting point.

Regards, Vidyadutt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors