Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Lag, slow load, just spinning

Is anyone else having difficulty using the service today? If I move to a report it takes 20 minutes to load changes. I can log in fine (service interuption error on help page). I have also tried restarting my computer and using different browsers.

Really taking a hit on productivity.

@CharlieLiao

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

113 REPLIES 113

Exactly....

I left healthcare operations to build a startup in healthcare analytics after feeling confident in Microsofts platform (was monitoring/using throughout the beta period).

I figured if any company in this market was going to survive AND BE STABLE it would be Microsoft.

We just got acquired by a very large software company last week.

Leads coming in left and right, and then this happens......

This needs to be fixed and fixed very quickly.

I would think it would be this divisons NUMBER ONE priority.

North Central US (Illinois)

healthEteam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Well I spoke to soon.

Was ok this morning and now dead stuck in a perpetual spin cycle...

jickes
Helper I
Helper I

Same here right now, just spinning. Everything had been working this morning. 

North Central  US

wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Just out of curiosity, what data sources are you all using for your dashboards and/or reports?

All my data is odbc queried in desktop and published with the dataset to the service. 

wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Probably a dumb question, but are you using the latest version(s) of the required gateway?

I believe for ODBC, the On-Premises Data Gateway (formerly Enterprise Gateway) now supports ODBC connections too.

I do have the most recent gateway version, but the data is being stored in the service and not being queried outside of when I refresh it, which it refreshes fine. 

wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hm okay... it's an interesting stage that we are at right now. Most if not all of my reports/dashboards use exported data so maybe that's why I am not experiencing these issues for the most part.

I do have several reports/dashboards that use on-premises data sources like SQL Server or ODBC connections and am currently not experiencing these issues that most of you are encountering.

Guess time will tell if these issues will be fixed sooner rather than later.

My dataset is very simple (CSV files) and I am experiencing the same issues as everyone else! Sometime it is working great 🙂 and sometimes it is not working at all 😞

Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't think the data sources really matter when it comes to the performance problems we are all facing. I have a plethora that are ODBC, Azure SQL, Excel, Straight PBIX file imports or whatever, and they all have the same issues. I'm sure that this is because once the data is ingested to the Power BI service, we're at the mercy of the Azure/PowerBI setup, load balancing and performance in whatever region (North Central US) you happen to be in.

Mine is from SQL server using the Enterprise Gateway that was installed last week.

As of this moment I am not getting the spinning circles, but I am not at all confident with upcoming presentations knowing my experience the last couple of days.

cproloff
Frequent Visitor

Same problem still persists today in North Central (Illinois). All my visuals and reports are just spinning. Getting ready to go live next week with several new users and need this fixed ASAP!

Why does the support page still say that there is no issue? Any updates on a resolution?

I have been in contact with Microsfot help for over three weeks, but no answers. I keep getting told that they will get back to me. When will this be resolved. We have migrated lots of our processes and data to this tool, so we need it to work. I don't understand how there is no communication on this back to the end users.

Hi everyone,

Here is the status: the root cause of the problem is still being investigated, and until a permament fix is available temporary mitigations are being applied as problems arise and are identified.

I have spoken with support and requested that the support site keep the message warning about degraded performance active until the root cause is addressed, instead of removing the support message every time a temporary mitigation occurs. Apologies for the inconvenience.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you @orionlee for the update. Today is especially bad. None of my reports open. They just spin.

Hopefully this changes before this afternoon as I have a meeting scheduled at the executive level and blank dashboards are exceedingly frustrating.

I will wait patiently for a permanent fix but if someone had a temporary patch for today, that would be great. Going to take my source files so that we will have some data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

We're pretty much relegated to using the desktop as a backup for all demos and presentations, as it is too much of a roulette game using the web client and it can kill any meeting or demo pretty quickly. I'd say the SaaS/Web performance and reliability should be the #1 priority for the product team in lieu of any other desktop updates or enhancements...none of those will matter if we can't push out a reliable experience to customers.

Exactly. Everything was working fine (was super awesome) for a couple hours now nothing is working again!!!!!

Scott_W
Advocate I
Advocate I

I wanted to provide an update as today we were more hopeful but promptly at 2PM EST the service died on us again.  You can see in the attached screenshot over 5 minutes nothing loads at all, and after nearly 15 minutes we're still waiting. 

*Please forgive the white blocks, theyre used to block company info.

powerbi_failed.jpg

UGGG - I'm on a conference call with 15 managers and PBI just stops working after 15 minutes.... Everything is just spinning 😞  This is embarrassing 😞

There was a slight mitigation applied last night, but the performance problems are still present as many of you have noticed. The support page should be updating shortly to let everyone know about status and update progress.

We had a hospital dashboard go live today along with a presentation to both CFO and CEO of the healthcare system.

The visuals all just spinned.

Terribly EMBARRASSING!

I have preached this service for the last year to everyone I know, and now, just when we have A LOT of momentum picking up, the system starts failing.

Please get this fixed ASAP.

I am North Central US (Illinois) server as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors