Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Lag, slow load, just spinning

Is anyone else having difficulty using the service today? If I move to a report it takes 20 minutes to load changes. I can log in fine (service interuption error on help page). I have also tried restarting my computer and using different browsers.

Really taking a hit on productivity.

@CharlieLiao

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

113 REPLIES 113

@v-qiuyu-msft Our company has DAILY issues. It happens every afternoon around 2-5 PM EST.

I'm not sure what causes the lag (I'm guessing high traffic on the Microsoft server), but it happens EVERY DAY. It makes our tools basically useless for half of every day. We get complaints regularly from our users.

@v-qiuyu-msft

As of yesterday, we have functionality. The issue seems to be hit and miss, however, with some days seeing 5 datasets of 15 time out and multiple reports refuse to load. I would be curious if this were during peak refresh hours but have no way of verifying that as my scheduled refreshes seldom happen at the time they are scheduled. I have been manually refreshing for weeks now before other users log in just to make sure the data is fresh.

@v-qiuyu-msft the problems for us were sporadic on Friday.  As an example, at 14:30MT it was non-functional, 15:20MT it was working, and at 16:20MT was again non-functional.  Today, everything was working fine.

As mentioned, while Friday seemed worse than usual, it does happen far more than it should.  Last time I recall before Friday was last Tuesday... although we are by no means heavy users, so we don't really know how bad it is.

Dave2
Advocate I
Advocate I

Problems for us today as well.  We had problems earlier this week (Tuesday, I believe) and then again off and on today.

Dashboards not loading, Q&A non-functional, slicers spinning, tables/graphs spinning and not updating.  Was happening on all reports, both on our own reports and even on the "demo" reports that Power BI provides out of the box.  And https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ says "No known issues: Power BI is running smoothly".

Just terrible; really wish there was an on-premise version of this product, so at least we would have control over how well it runs.  Right now our best answer to our users is "just wait and the problems should clear up", which is really no answer at all.

Tishchenko
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Dave2 like this Smiley LOL

@Tishchenko yes, exactly like that.  Completely unusable.

Akahn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Yes, we've been having this problem for months and it's recently gotten MUCH worse. It's infuriating.

If there's one thing that drives us to Tableau, it'll be this issue.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Akahn

HERe is my submission this morning: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/360879-issues/suggestions/15829819-lag-not-loading

Can you give it a vote?

YES!!!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors