Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JanV
Resolver I
Resolver I

Keep reports alive when someone leaves the company

Was wondering what the minimum requirements are to keep reports alive when a report creator leaves the company and his/her O365 account is deleted. 

What happens to the reports in his/her workspace, other workspaces only this person has access to? Can they be retrieved? I guess the personal workspace is also deleted at the time the O365 account is deleted? Any difference in using Power BI Premium for storing all workspaces or using shared capacity? 

Obivously the data source needs to be centralized (and not some local PC doc/db) but mainly interested in the service. Thx for helping me out!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@JanV You'll need to create a service ticket. Its likely there is a stored record for a period of time, but it won't be accessible to you in any way. I've heard most deleted things can be recovered this way, but since you deleted the user account as well... that might pose a bigger problem. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@JanV You'll need to create a service ticket. Its likely there is a stored record for a period of time, but it won't be accessible to you in any way. I've heard most deleted things can be recovered this way, but since you deleted the user account as well... that might pose a bigger problem. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi Seth,

Thx for you switf reply. From a governance point of view, is there then a way to disable personal workspaces (I guess they can only accessed by one account by nature) and to force a minimum of 2 members in other workspaces via some sort of policy (maybe similar to Azure Policy)? 

Sadly enough not around the Milwaukee area, they have some good beers in Belgium as well though 🙂

Kind regards,

Jan

@JanV No, there is no way to disable the personal workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors