Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jordancemery

Keep reaching the limit on data refresh in the past 24 hours.

Hello, I am hoping someone can provide some insight on Power BI and the refreshing.  

We have an organization of about 200 administrative staff.  I have recently created a PowerBI workspace, and i am getting ready for deployment.  However, i am running into issues with refreshing the data.  I keep reaching my refresh limits within the 24 hours.  

I am using Power Automate to do the refresh of the data set.  I created multiple workspaces, and imagine i am going to be creating a bunch more.  I decided on workspaces, as i dont want everyone to see all of the reports, i wanted to separate them out on what is helpful for them.  I decided against dashboards because the users would not be able to drill down, and this is a feature that was a must.  Also as a side note, within power automate, i have to select the workspace and refresh that.  I cannot just refresh the whole data set.  

I do have a PowerBI pro License but did a free trial of the premium, thinking that i could see if this would allow me the 48 refreshes, but when I change my dataset to premium anyone with the pro account cannot see the data, i believe they need the premium as well.  We do not want to give all end users premium accounts.  End users are really just looking at the data, drilling down, but thats it.  They are not bulding anything, etc.  

What do i need to do to be able to get this out there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jordancemery 

Moving to Premium per user would need the Viewers of your report to be PPU as well.

aj1973_0-1619125167370.png

The 48 refreshes a day would need a Premium Capacity for your workspace.

Why are you using Power Automate to refresh your dataset? Why not a Gateway? 

Where is the data source located?

What connection mode did you use to build your report?

How many times a day you want to refresh your dataset?

Maybe using Direct Query connection mode is the solution, but it comes with limitations.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jordancemery ,

What aj 1973 said is right.Moving to Premium per user would need the Viewers of your report to be PPU as well.

You can also consider to use DirectQuery instead of Import, or you can buy power bi premium  (not premium per user )removing restrictions on dataset sizes and refresh rates.

v-luwang-msft_0-1619597102596.pngv-luwang-msft_1-1619597162376.png

To learn more details ,you could read the following articles:

Data refresh in Power BI:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data 

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jordancemery 

Moving to Premium per user would need the Viewers of your report to be PPU as well.

aj1973_0-1619125167370.png

The 48 refreshes a day would need a Premium Capacity for your workspace.

Why are you using Power Automate to refresh your dataset? Why not a Gateway? 

Where is the data source located?

What connection mode did you use to build your report?

How many times a day you want to refresh your dataset?

Maybe using Direct Query connection mode is the solution, but it comes with limitations.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors