Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

csmith_enpro
Advocate I
Advocate I

Keep getting "unexpected error" when creating new dataflow

Everytime I try to create a new dataflow I recieve the following error: 

csmith_enpro_0-1606341033286.png

I have checked my gateway and PowerBi tells me it is Online and ready to go. I have zero problems with my current dataflows, so I doubt it would be a gateway error anyways. I've also updated the gateway on the remote server that's running it. What exactly does this "section Section 1" error mean?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
csmith_enpro
Advocate I
Advocate I

I found out the problem, I wasn't an admin in the workspace. Although I don't think I ever was before and it was working, or I was somehow removed from the workspace as an admin. I wasn't even aware you had to be one in order to create a dataflow

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
csmith_enpro
Advocate I
Advocate I

I found out the problem, I wasn't an admin in the workspace. Although I don't think I ever was before and it was working, or I was somehow removed from the workspace as an admin. I wasn't even aware you had to be one in order to create a dataflow

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi,

the Dataflow feature of Power bi  service doesn't need a Gateway to connect to the source. Verify the source PostgreSQL can be a 32 bit. if so then you wont be able to connect to the data source because Power bi sevice is a 64 bit.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

My bit version shouldn't be problem, I have over 10 other dataflows I've been using for months without issue. Microsoft updated the UI recently, did something change with bit-version requirements since then? Also PowerBi tells that a gateway is indeed required:

csmith_enpro_0-1606350898027.png

I'm using AWS' RDS for Postgres so I assume it's 64-bit. Again I've never had this issue before

EDIT: On top of that I'm able to connect to my database on the PowerBI desktop app

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors