Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vanlyplh
Frequent Visitor

Keep conditional formatting on filtered results - but STILL using minimum and maximum values

Hi Everyone:

I have a report that has a column/data field that contains web links that take you to a single customer filtered version of the 'main' report.  In the 'main' report I have a table visual that uses conditional formatting for a metric that uses Minimum, Center and Maximum values to code a KPI.  When I click on the web link, the filtered results lose the 'proper' conditional formatting.(They all become green, suggesting good.  They aren't all good).

For scalability reasons, I can't use hard coded numbers, since the distribution centers are likley to change. (I did already see the post on using hard coded numbers. That solution won't work).

Is there a way to keep the color for each customer in the single customer, filtered page?  More simply put, I need green to stay green, red to stay red, etc.  (again, I can't use hard coded numbers)

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vanlyplh,

Based on my experience, there is currently no any alternative ways, but use hard code values for conditional formatting in your scenario.

However, if we could set conditional formatting based on a different measure(we cannot now), then we will be able to keep condition formatting in a specific context we need. So I would suggest you vote this similar idea up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors