cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MunroA7 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Just started this week - DATAFLOW table does not show up in Power BI desktop

Guy I spoke to in support reckons by this Friday (29th) they will solve the speed issues.

rargyle Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Just started this week - DATAFLOW table does not show up in Power BI desktop

I've not had a chance to fully test it, but I think that if you click to "edit" the entities, and then save and refresh, they now appear ok.

Bit of a pain if you have lots of different Dataflows, but it's better than it was!

chaz2jerry Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks I can confirm the same finding/solution as above (Edit entity, Save and Close, Refresh).  Not perfect but allows me to proceed with our data now.

MunroA7 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Agree with this.  Did the same steps and my 18 minute refresh takes less than 3 mins now.  

mgreez Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone have an update on whether the DATE fields can be switched back from TEXT to DATE?  I believe that was the key issue and workaround on this thread.

mikesmith_bp Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I still so no resolution to this problem.  I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but my queries no longer seem to returning correct results.  This started on Nov-12.  I think the problem is the merge is not working. But my query refreshes each day, should return the same results and doesn't.  I think there a bigger problems here than just the date-to-text problem.  

Is anyone else seeing wrong results with their power queries in dataflows?

ereza Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@mgreezMSFT tells me that they have resolved the issue. Are you still seeing date type as unclassifed? My case has been resloved. 

mgreez Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@ereza  Sorry for the late response, just got back from PTO.

I removed all the Dataflow steps to convert Datetime to String and it is working as expected.  I'll check back in the morning to confirm the scheduled refreshes work as expected

Resurfacing this issue. We are currently hitting issues where DATE type columns show up with ERROR when trying to consume them in either Power BI desktop, OR as linked entities in another dataflow. Looks like Microsoft has broken something again with date fields.

😞

Scott

p.s. opening a ticket too, will post updates as I get them.

Thanks,

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors