cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRS_PBI Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Just started this week - DATAFLOW table does not show up in Power BI desktop

Team,

Starting this week ~11/14/19, when creating a new DATAFLOW table, we cannot see it when trying to use GET DATA>DATAFLOW in Power BI desktop. We can see the DATAFLOW folder, but nothing shows underneath the folder when double clicking or refreshing it. Previously created DATAFLOWS (<11/14/19) are visible and OK. 

I know there was a lot of functionality pushed for DATAFLOW this week, so I am wondering if this is related?

Any ideas?

Jim

37 REPLIES 37
TheNov3mberist Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Just started this week - DATAFLOW table does not show up in Power BI desktop

Having the same exact issue. A couple of the tables in the dataflow show up but not all of them. No refresh errors or anything. I've even tried deleted and re-adding them with no dice. 

Half of our environment is down because of it. 

ereza Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Just started this week - DATAFLOW table does not show up in Power BI desktop

Same exact issue. Someone must learn Microsoft to do proper testing before releasing new changes!!! 

Doodle Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Same exact issue, i also made a post about this with screen captures if that helps. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Entities-do-not-appear-in-Dataflow-when-creating-Linked-Ent...

jcullum Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

exact same issue, but all missing ability to get to Entities (linked or normal) contain a Date field.  The date fields are presenting as Unclassified.  I cannot access any entity that contains a date, they do not appear either in a new dataflow (linked) or directly in the desktop.  I wrote a whole other post on Doodle's original message but for some reason they think it is spam and kept deleting it.

I previously had an issue last week when dates where being stored as DateTime (even after picking Date as the type).

jcullum Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

and just to verify it is dates, I changed the Date fields to a type of "Text" and boom, i can get the data into Power BI Desktop.

Highlighted
jcullum Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

to finally add some more to this, I can now use my Entity containing the "text" version of a Date as a Linked Entity.  I can also create New entities and link them.  Anything that contains a "Date" field will not appear as a choosable entity.  

Anyone else want to try this out to see if it works?  It is obviously not a very good workaround, but I can get the data into the Desktop and change the "Text" version to a "Date" type.  I was already doing that due to the DateTime issue i was having.

ereza Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Have created a support ticket -lets see what their answer is. Will post back if they have a resolution to the problem... 

Doodle Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@jcullum 

Can confirm the same issues.

Entities in dataflows created this week that have Date fields show as "Unclassified" and the entities does not appear in the dataflow.

dateno.PNG

Entities in dataflows created last week that have Date fields show as "DateTime" even though the field format is only Date. These entities do currently appear in the dataflow.

dateyes.PNG

JRS_PBI Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Team,

Confirmed that it is a date field issue, once I changed the date field (which showed UNCLASSIFIED) to TEXT in the DATAFLOW, then I was able to see the table and import it into Power BI desktop. I then changed the TEXT > DATE.

Jim

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,967)