Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

john_m_dixon
Frequent Visitor

July 2018 enterprise gateway Web authentication issue

We are using a Web connection on an enterprise gateway with basic authentication to retrieve data from an on prem JIRA instance over a REST API. This has been working for ~2 months.

With the July 2018 gateway update this has stopped working. The gateway connection is no longer able to successfully connect. The underlying error message is "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."

I've installed a legacy gateway with the June 2018 update temporarily for this one data source. It is working properly.

Just as extra info I've updated PBI desktop to the July version and can successfully authenticate with basic authentication, although this is obviously inside my on-prem network.

Wondering if others are having a similar issue with the July update? Trying to figure out if this is an intended change and I need to account for it in my configuration somehow, or if this is a bug.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Got this fixed. Had some certificate issues on updated gateway host that weren't present on the legacy gateway host.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
john_m_dixon
Frequent Visitor

Is there a place to open some kind of ticket? Like a github repo relevant to this post where I can open an issue?

Hi john_m_dixon,

Please check if the firewall on your server has forbiden some ports which should be used by gateway and also try to stop gateway service and start again and check if the issue still happens. If this issue still occurs, you can post this issue to the issue forum: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues or create a support ticket for further support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Got this fixed. Had some certificate issues on updated gateway host that weren't present on the legacy gateway host.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors