Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexGallet01
Helper IV
Helper IV

Jeu de données en streaming à partir d'un jeu de données power bi desktop

Hello,

I want to create an alert message when a value of my power bi dataset is greater than 5. When I search on internet, I see that is possible to do so I add this dataset to Web power bi. But to create an alert, my dataset must become a streaming dataset.

I do not know how to convert my power bi desktop dataset into a streaming dataset.

Can you help me please

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AlexGallet01,

It seems that you misunderstood the requirements to create data alert.

Alerts can only be set on tiles pinned from report visuals, and only on gauges, KPIs and cards. Alerts can be set on visuals created from streaming datasets that have been pinned from a report to a dashboard, but cannot be set on streaming tiles created directly on the dashboard using Add tile > Custom streaming data.

You don't need to convert your dataset to streaming dataset. Streaming dataset can be used, but not the only supported one. Any dataset type is supported to create alert. 

Reference: Data alerts in Power BI service

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello 

Hi @AlexGallet01,

You don't have to create a streaming dataset since you have created your own dataset which can be published to service. If you want to know more about streaming dataset, please refer to this article.

I'm on a Pro version and not premium, is it still possible to use this feature ?

Yes. This feature is still available.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sans titre.png

Hello

I don't have the possibility to create an alert

What is the problem ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors