Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aloire
Regular Visitor

Javascript API GetReports and Getreport don't return Description field

Hello,

Everything is on the title.

I am calling PBI Embedded API from web application deployed on Azure App Services and I cannot retrieve Description field on a report. I've tested it on both APIs getreports and getreport.

Is there a mismatch between API and its documentation that referring to this field ?

https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/rest/api/power-bi/reports/get-reports

All permissions seem to be provided as written in the note :  "A Power BI report. Below is a list of properties that may be returned for a report. Only a subset of the properties will be returned depending on the API called, the caller permissions and the availability of the data in the Power BI database."

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Adrien

3 REPLIES 3
asocorrocognex
Helper II
Helper II

I am facing the same issue.  I tried retrieving the description from a report I own using my regular account.  I also tried as a tenant admin.  The field is not even returned as part of the result.

Thanks,

Adolfo

aloire
Regular Visitor

Hello Yalan,

Could you be more precised on which permissions I should change ?

For a test, I've already set "admin" permission to service principal that is acessing API, I don't see other user or option ?

Thank you.

Regards

Adrien

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @aloire ;

I think you could check the credentials and whether you have sufficient permissions.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors