Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StanTheMan
Frequent Visitor

Issues with signing in and sharing dashboards on Teams

Hi all,

We're experiencing some sign-in issues with a Power BI Dashboard in Teams. We're using Teams and the dashboard as a landing/navigation hub so that users can navigate directly to the underlying report they need and ask questions through Teams.

You can only load/add Power BI reports through the Power BI extension provided in Teams, so to achieve this for our dashboard, we created a work-around by instead using an Teams embedded webpage extension that redirects the user to the dashboard. This used to work like a charm.

But now every user (including me) gets the following screen:
sign in error.JPG

The dashboard still works in app.powerbi, we've also tried to load another dashboard in teams but to no avail. Did something change for the Teams webpage extension over the weekend? (Also curious if this is caused by our company Active Directory or if this applies to all users)

Thanks in advance!
- Stan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StanTheMan
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

As promised an update on this thread, unfortunately not an happy ending.

Just got an call back from support. At first they weren't able to determine the cause of this problem. So after further contact and screensharing session they escalated the issue to the product team. According to the product team the feature to embed dashboards in teams through the website extension was never supported and still isn't, so therefore they won't fix this problem. 

The only other solution support could give me, is to create an idea for this issue on the ideas forum for people to vote on. So that they can work towards creating an sollution in the near future. So I did: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/39122746-embed-dashboards-in-team...

Best of luck to all!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StanTheMan
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

As promised an update on this thread, unfortunately not an happy ending.

Just got an call back from support. At first they weren't able to determine the cause of this problem. So after further contact and screensharing session they escalated the issue to the product team. According to the product team the feature to embed dashboards in teams through the website extension was never supported and still isn't, so therefore they won't fix this problem. 

The only other solution support could give me, is to create an idea for this issue on the ideas forum for people to vote on. So that they can work towards creating an sollution in the near future. So I did: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/39122746-embed-dashboards-in-team...

Best of luck to all!

Probebly after onather actualization of Teams Issue came back . Please help

mader
Frequent Visitor

Having the same issue.

Has someone come up with a fix for this. was working just fine.

Authorization does not work from TV's built in internet browser. 

Works just fine from Deskptop/laptop.

I contacted Power BI support as @v-shex-msft suggested. They came to me quite quickly, but none of their suggestions (clearing cache, cookies, resetting password) worked. Now they created an internal ticket and are investigating further 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same issue. Any news on ETA of fix?

I've created an support ticket, i will reply to this thread as soon as I know more about the issue. 

I have the same issue when signing in to Power BI

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StanTheMan ,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at the support page if your scenario meets for them.

Power bi Support 
In addition, you can also submit a support ticket to get further support from Power bi team.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I have not heard of anything specific but I do know that they make changes to Teams all the time, which could be affecting your issue.

Sorry that is all I can help with!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors