Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues with Microsoft Azure Consumption Insights

Hey Guys,

not sure if this should go to PowerBI support, or here, as it's specific to the Microsoft Azure Consumption Insights reports. Let me know if there's a better place to feedback on this specific content pack.

In the Lifetime based graphs, I'm seeing data from 2015-07 to 2018-04.
In the selected months based graphs, I'm seeing data from 2017-09 to 2018-06.

Why is the end date different?
How do I change the filter on "selected months", as when I go to the sub-report and try to filter it, the only months available are 2017-09 to 2018-06.
Why does lifetime not have 2018-05 and 2018-06?

I suspect the odd end dates are due to our Enterprise Agreement renewing (for another three years) at the beginning of July this year, but does that mean if I go an create a new instance of this content pack, with the new account code, it wont have all the data in the existing content pack? Is this going to happen every three years?

Thanks
Craig

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Craig,

When did you create the report? As we can see from service-connect-to-azure-consumption-insights#how-to-connect, the maximum month we can choose is 12. But it's 36 months now. I would suggest you create it again.

Issues_with_Microsoft_Azure_Consumption_Insights

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dale,

sorry for the late reply, but I didn't recieve any notifcation that you'd responded...

OK, so our old EA data is kinda working now - still has some funky dates, but there's enough there to get the gist of what we've been doing.  Fortunatly, we had the Azure part of our EA in place for less than 3 years, as now the data is dropping off - I've turned off refreshes, so we now have a historical record.

BUT now I'm having issues with the new EA, but I'll put that in a separate issue.

Thanks

Craig

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors