Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

novel007p
Regular Visitor

Issues with Deployment Pipeline

Hello everyone,

I have pro-license and my workspace is in Premium capacity.

I have created Deployement Pipeline (Development ->Test->Production) for my workspace. There are two major issues that I observed with this feature :

1. If I set up Incremental Refresh for my dataset, I cannot download the pbix from Power BI Service. I get the error as below:

novel007p_0-1595914414264.png

Also, I cannot deploy anything from Development to Test inside Deployment Pipeline.

2. This issue is without Incremental Refresh for my another DataModel: 

After creating Deployment Pipeline, I can only download the Datamodel from Development & Test workspaces. However, any pbix files that I created in Power BI Desktop by connecting to that data model (Get Data-> Power BI Dataset) cannot be downloaded as the Download pbix option is grayed out.

novel007p_1-1595915025813.png

Could someone please tell me how to resolve these issues?

Thanks in adavance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @novel007p ,

There are several points you may check:

• To download the file, you must have edit access to the report
  • The report must have been created using Power BI Desktop and been published to the Power BI service, or the .pbix must have been uploaded to the service.
  • Reports must be published or updated after November 23, 2016. Reports published prior to then are not downloadable.
  • This feature will not work with reports originally created in the Power BI service, including content packs.
  • You should always be using the latest version of Power BI Desktop when opening downloaded files. Downloaded .pbix files may not open in non-current versions of Power BI Desktop.
  • If your administrator has turned off the ability to export data, this feature will not be visible in the Power BI service. If that is a case, you can contact to your tenant admin for this.

For reference:

Download a report from the Power BI service to Power BI Desktop (Preview)

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Regarding incremental refresh in deployment pipelines-

this is not yet suported, will be supported as part of GA,

announced by end of year.

Rest of issues are not specifically related to pipelines.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Regarding incremental refresh in deployment pipelines-

this is not yet suported, will be supported as part of GA,

announced by end of year.

Rest of issues are not specifically related to pipelines.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @novel007p ,

There are several points you may check:

• To download the file, you must have edit access to the report
  • The report must have been created using Power BI Desktop and been published to the Power BI service, or the .pbix must have been uploaded to the service.
  • Reports must be published or updated after November 23, 2016. Reports published prior to then are not downloadable.
  • This feature will not work with reports originally created in the Power BI service, including content packs.
  • You should always be using the latest version of Power BI Desktop when opening downloaded files. Downloaded .pbix files may not open in non-current versions of Power BI Desktop.
  • If your administrator has turned off the ability to export data, this feature will not be visible in the Power BI service. If that is a case, you can contact to your tenant admin for this.

For reference:

Download a report from the Power BI service to Power BI Desktop (Preview)

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@novel007p 

Please create a support ticket to investigate the issue.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

@venal 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors