Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Samaneh78
Frequent Visitor

Issues with Dashboard Auto Refresh

Hi

I would appreciate your inputs on following matter

I´m using Power BI Desktop and connecting to an On Premis SQL Database. in Direct Query mode.

After I´ve created my report in Power BI Desktop I puplish it to the Power BI cloud service.

I also configured an On-Premisses Gateway in the Power BI cloud connecting to the SQL database.

Now I really would like to know how I get Auto Refresh to work? When the database gets updated the report and dashboard in the Power BI cloud remain the same, the don´t get updated.

I´m able to do eight scheduled refreshes a day, of the dashboard but I need more frequent refreshes, such as every fiften minutes.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Samaneh78

If you only have a data source which connects to your on premises SQL database, and in Direct Query mode, you can get the dataset refresh every 15 minutes as below.

Issues with Dashboard Auto Refresh_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi

Thank a lot for taking time to answer my question

My view look slightly different than yours

Is Cache Refresh the solution I´m missing?

Capture.PNG

Best Regards

Samaneh

Reading this PBI article, my understanding is that cache refresh is not available in my region yet and that it applies to Direct Query for SQL DB in Azure.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-custom-cache-refresh-schedules-in-the-power-bi-s...

Is that correct?

Best Regards

Samaneh

@Samaneh78

It seems that this feature has not been implemented in all regions yet. When this feature rolls out in your region, Power BI will send you an in-product notification if you are the owner of any such datasets.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors