Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dibya1982
Regular Visitor

Issues connecting to sharepoint

I am getting error while connecting sharepoint to Power BI. Is it  ssue with authorisation? But I checked my authorisation working fine iwhen connecting to sharepoint. Do I need to changeany settings in power BI to access the sharepoint. Please note the sharepoint is on premise and I am trying to connect to it by Power BI. I have installed Power BI in local.

Please throw a light on the issue how to resolve it.Thanks

Issue:-Power_BI.png

7 REPLIES 7

If you have Sharepoint on premise, then it would not be visible to Power BI unless there is a gateway setup.  Do you have a Gateway?  

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Thanks for your reply. I am using Power BI Desktop version and trying to connect on premise sharepoint. It is saying authorisation issue though I have checked I have full control on the sharepoint site.

Do I still need to set gateway and if so ccould you pls let me know the steps to do that.

Thanks

No, if you are using Power BI Desktop from your PC and you are on the company network then you don't need a gateway.  Try File\Options and Settings\Data Source settings.  If you see credentials for Sharepoint, then delete them and try again.

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

5.png6.png2.png3.png1.png

Hi

I am getting the same error.I have send you the screenshot of the errors.Could you please help me fixing the error?

Hi @dibya1982,

Based on my research, using custom domain within your URL may cause this issue. 

Generally if we don't customize the Sharepoint online Public website address, it should be like below:

https://[tenant].sharepoint.com/sites/project/Public

So is it possible for you to use the standard sharepoint.com address for the connection?

In addition, here is a similar thread for your reference.Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks for your reply. I am using Power BI Desktop version and trying to connect on premise sharepoint. It is saying authorisation issue though I have checked I have full control on the sharepoint site.

Do I still need to set gateway and if so ccould you pls let me know the steps to do that.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors