Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with time intelligence and Quick Measure

Hey guys, 

Super new to Power Bi, just started using today.

So, I do want to create a MoM for my dataset. my current table (File_ID) had  a column called deploment date date had which set the PowerBi Hierachy. After reading many feedback here, I went a head and created a calendar table then join it with the file id. Once join, I use this fomula

VAR __PREV_MONTH =
        CALCULATE(
            SUM('File for ID'[EM_Delivered]),
            DATEADD('Calendar'[Date].[Date], -1, MONTH)
        )
    RETURN
        DIVIDE(SUM('File for ID'[EM_Delivered]) - __PREV_MONTH, __PREV_MONTH)
and the error that used to have disappeared.
This is my current table: is it normal for the Total MoM to be 0%. In some example that I saw, the total always had something. Thanks for your feedback

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In my opinion, it is not normal for the Total MoM to be 0%. I did some test of using your formula and the result looks normal:

1.PNG2.PNG

I think there might be something wrong in other place. Could you please share your pbix to me if you don't have any Confidential Information?
BTW, here's my pbix for your reference. Hopefully works for you.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In my opinion, it is not normal for the Total MoM to be 0%. I did some test of using your formula and the result looks normal:

1.PNG2.PNG

I think there might be something wrong in other place. Could you please share your pbix to me if you don't have any Confidential Information?
BTW, here's my pbix for your reference. Hopefully works for you.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jayw-msft ,

Thanks for your answer. what is different on your solution is you created the measure in Calendar and use it to creare the MoM. I created a measure under File for ID. So, I went ahead and use your path but for some reasons I still got 0.00% . I have attached the link for the pbix. hopefull, you can access it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WVLcCt8EQJbn2ZvPlSBGKwpgHgS4ZbqF/view?usp=sharing

in case you can't access the link, here is the link for the data sample

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nlTpu2vU9xbzme8lfjlptU278RyhYEoM/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your help and feedback.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors