cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
learning101 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Issue with time intelligence and Quick Measure

Hey guys, 

Super new to Power Bi, just started using today.

So, I do want to create a MoM for my dataset. my current table (File_ID) had  a column called deploment date date had which set the PowerBi Hierachy. After reading many feedback here, I went a head and created a calendar table then join it with the file id. Once join, I use this fomula

VAR __PREV_MONTH =
        CALCULATE(
            SUM('File for ID'[EM_Delivered]),
            DATEADD('Calendar'[Date].[Date], -1, MONTH)
        )
    RETURN
        DIVIDE(SUM('File for ID'[EM_Delivered]) - __PREV_MONTH, __PREV_MONTH)
and the error that used to have disappeared.
This is my current table: is it normal for the Total MoM to be 0%. In some example that I saw, the total always had something. Thanks for your feedback

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
v-jayw-msft Senior Member

Re: Issue with time intelligence and Quick Measure

Hi @learning101 ,

In my opinion, it is not normal for the Total MoM to be 0%. I did some test of using your formula and the result looks normal:

1.PNG2.PNG

I think there might be something wrong in other place. Could you please share your pbix to me if you don't have any Confidential Information?
BTW, here's my pbix for your reference. Hopefully works for you.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
v-jayw-msft Senior Member

Hi @learning101 ,

In my opinion, it is not normal for the Total MoM to be 0%. I did some test of using your formula and the result looks normal:

1.PNG2.PNG

I think there might be something wrong in other place. Could you please share your pbix to me if you don't have any Confidential Information?
BTW, here's my pbix for your reference. Hopefully works for you.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

learning101 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jayw-msft ,

Thanks for your answer. what is different on your solution is you created the measure in Calendar and use it to creare the MoM. I created a measure under File for ID. So, I went ahead and use your path but for some reasons I still got 0.00% . I have attached the link for the pbix. hopefull, you can access it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WVLcCt8EQJbn2ZvPlSBGKwpgHgS4ZbqF/view?usp=sharing

in case you can't access the link, here is the link for the data sample

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nlTpu2vU9xbzme8lfjlptU278RyhYEoM/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your help and feedback.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)