Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with the parameters in the Power BI App published for outside the organization

Hello All,

I have a requirement to publish a Power BI App outside my organisation. Our Power BI report is developed with 3 report parameters which will tell us user details viz., enrollment id, email id, and agreement type. Logic App is the data source to our report. We are triggering a http url to the Logic App from Power BI. Hence, the connection http url of Logic App is set as the connection string to our data source in Power BI. So when url gets triggered in Logic App it will provide all the 3 parameters entered by the user. Using these parameters, Logic App gets the data from Data Lake containers as .csv files.

Then I need to publish this report as an App outside my organization.

So, for this, we have created a new offer in the market place.

For Power BI App -

I have created a Workspace Template App and published my report onto this workspace.

Later, I have created an App by setting up all the App options, made all the 3 parameters to be required, authentication to be anonymous.

Now when this App is installed on to Power BI Service, it is displaying us the following error:

"The parameters can't be applied. Go to the documentation to learn how to connect this app".

I think what is causing that issue with the parameters is that PBI Service is trying to test the connections, and the data sources are dependent on the parameters, and more so, on one of the queries itself.
Can anyone help me on how to either override this connection test, or get around it?

Thanks
Lakshmi K

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors