Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with the R visuals text label

I want to post a new meesage separately, I have issue with the Rvisual after published to the server since last Thursday, not sure if there is any major update in the Power bi server site. The report is shown perfectly on the desktop, but after published to the server, the lable text shown each single word as 90 degree, and the whole lable to the angel been set (screen shot as 45 degree) . I also experience issue with the plot auto size itself after focus mode, the word been small than before. All the visuals were working perfectly before.  Can someone please help. Thank you!

DeskTop

Power BI DeskTop.PNG

Server

PowerBi Services 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous

There was a bug fix a little while ago that appears to have unintentionally led to this regression. We already know the fix, we can start right away on getting it deployed, though it may take a little while.

In the meantime if this is causing issues, there is a workaround. You can add the following lines to the beginning of your R script:

if (exists("powerbi_rFontName")){
  library("showtext")
  showtext.opts(dpi = powerbi_rPngDeviceDpi)
  showtext.auto()
}

I created a PBIX with 2 R visuals, 1 without the fix and one with. I’ve pasted below 2 screenshots I took: one of the visuals in PBI Desktop, and another of the same pbix once published to service. Once the fix is deployed, these lines can be removed, but they should not cause any issues if you leave them.

Best Regards
Maggie

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slado2008
Frequent Visitor

I just realised I posted in the wrong topic - there is a similar issue posted under Report Server (which I think is incorrect even for the OP)...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/R-visual-responsive-visualization-in-power-BI/m-p/454...

Any updates on this please?

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

It seems to be an issue with R and Power BI Service, another post with the same issue.

I can reproduce the issue and I am checking with engineer whether it is a bug and when and how to fix it.

I will come back to tell you if there is any update.

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-juanli-msft for looking into this, hope there will be some solutions soon as currently this affected most of our R visuals reports. 

Hi @Anonymous

There was a bug fix a little while ago that appears to have unintentionally led to this regression. We already know the fix, we can start right away on getting it deployed, though it may take a little while.

In the meantime if this is causing issues, there is a workaround. You can add the following lines to the beginning of your R script:

if (exists("powerbi_rFontName")){
  library("showtext")
  showtext.opts(dpi = powerbi_rPngDeviceDpi)
  showtext.auto()
}

I created a PBIX with 2 R visuals, 1 without the fix and one with. I’ve pasted below 2 screenshots I took: one of the visuals in PBI Desktop, and another of the same pbix once published to service. Once the fix is deployed, these lines can be removed, but they should not cause any issues if you leave them.

Best Regards
Maggie
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-juanli-msft Thank you so much for your updates, the script does fix the issue. Thank you!

That's worked, thanks very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors