Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with refreshing data with Incremental Refresh

Hi everyone,

I have an Adobe Analytics Connection that everyday import data from the 1st of January 2019 until "yesterday" (based on the current date).

This is a screenshot of the query:Screenshot.png

Since the query is quite slow I would like to use the incremental refresh to store historical data - from 01/01/2019 until "yesterday-1" (based on the current date) and make the query import only date of "yesterday".

Here the steps:

1-I create two date/time parameters:

• RangeStart: 01/01/2000 00:00:00 AM
    • RangeEnd: 31/12/2050 00:00:00 AM

Parameters.png

2- I create a Custom Filter on my Date/Time column (simply called 'date') with the following condition:

• date is after or equal RangeStart
  • date is before RangeEndFilter Rows.png 3- I set up the incremental refresh:

Incremental refresh.png4- I publish on the Service and Schedule a daily refresh

5- When the dataset should update, I get this error:

Refresh Error.png

Any idea on what is happening here?

Many thanks,

Robert

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

First, please disable the feature "Detect Data Changes" in Increment Refresh configuration page in Power BI Desktop and save it.

disable detect data changes.JPG

Then delete the related dataset and reports in Power BI Service, and re-publish the report to Power BI Service.

The complete steps as follow:

Power BI Desktop side:

1. Open the relate report file in Power BI Desktop, disable the feature "Detect Data Changes" in Increment Refresh configuration page

2. Click "Refresh" (5th icon in the Home ribbon) and save the report

Power BI Service side:

1. Delete the related dataset and report from Power BI Service

2. Use "GetData" from the service to publish the updated pbix file in previous steps

5. Go to Schedule Refresh->Manage Datasources and enter credentials for all your connections

6. Select the related dataset and click "Refresh Now" and see what happens

You can find all deatils of solution in this link.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous ,

The issue seems to be caused by the date format mismatch.Please try to update the date type of related date fields using increment refresh parameters as "Using locale" in Query Editor:

11.png

You can find the details in this documentation.

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

First, please disable the feature "Detect Data Changes" in Increment Refresh configuration page in Power BI Desktop and save it.

disable detect data changes.JPG

Then delete the related dataset and reports in Power BI Service, and re-publish the report to Power BI Service.

The complete steps as follow:

Power BI Desktop side:

1. Open the relate report file in Power BI Desktop, disable the feature "Detect Data Changes" in Increment Refresh configuration page

2. Click "Refresh" (5th icon in the Home ribbon) and save the report

Power BI Service side:

1. Delete the related dataset and report from Power BI Service

2. Use "GetData" from the service to publish the updated pbix file in previous steps

5. Go to Schedule Refresh->Manage Datasources and enter credentials for all your connections

6. Select the related dataset and click "Refresh Now" and see what happens

You can find all deatils of solution in this link.

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

thank you for your reply.

I've just completed all the steps you've suggested, but to be sure that the refresh will automatically update with the date of today, I must wait the automatic refresh scheduled for tomorrow.

I have one question: how can I be sure that tomoPBI won't do a full replace tomorrow, but only the data of the 13th March will be imported as an update?  In both cases, I will see in the report the entire date range (from 1-1-2019 to 3-13-2020)

Many thanks,

Roberto

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yiruan-msft,

now I have this error.

DateTime Error.png

Any idea?

Thanks,
Roberto

Hi @Anonymous ,

The issue seems to be caused by the date format mismatch.Please try to update the date type of related date fields using increment refresh parameters as "Using locale" in Query Editor:

11.png

You can find the details in this documentation.

Best Regards

Rena

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors