Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BrunoVIC
Frequent Visitor

Issue with multiple audience app

Hello
My workspace contents an app with several powerbi report.I add one report that I would like to add in the app.
However, the workspace has been migrated to the new experience  to create app (multiple audience).
I choose update the App/ add the new report in the content folder and Update the app to publish the new application.

Unfortunately, the new report does not appear in the new app.

Does someone have the same trouble ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BrunoVIC ,

An internal ICM has been created.

ICM ID: 333720927

If there's any progress, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
rappleton
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi there, I am just trying to find out if these issues have all been resolved now?

An update would be really helpful as we have be holding back from enabling this feature across multiple apps in a large organisation so the ramifications are massive if they haven't been resolved. Thank you

marcvd
Frequent Visitor

This one is marked as solved, but it isn't solved I think.

Having the same problem. Definitely some bugs to solve. 🙂

VinayMedishety
Frequent Visitor

You need to go in to the Update APP and Manually Un hide the report, Usually while you publish the new report in to the new APP it needs a Manual Un Hide 

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BrunoVIC ,

An internal ICM has been created.

ICM ID: 333720927

If there's any progress, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jay

Do we have any update on this? We are still waiting for a solution!

I've just submitted a Pro support ticket for the same issue.

In my case, it was taking a lot of back and forth with MS and so I just took notes of all the settings in the workspace and app, unpublished and republished and the issues were resolved. It was a lot of work to restore it to where it was, but it was faster than waiting for a resolution from MS.

namansrivastava
Frequent Visitor

We face the same issue. Once we add the report to the content and make it visible to the target audience, and update the app. The report doesn't appear in the app navigation pane. If we do the steps one more time, it shows up. This has been happening consistently for all reports we are publishing that we have to do this twice. 

Secondly, I had one issue with a report giving an error to the user despite the fact that the user already has access to the data soruce and is able to view all other reports based on the same data source.

namansrivastava_0-1663066175387.png

addeso
Frequent Visitor

We are have the same issue. 
One app with 3 reports and 3 audience groups with different users and permissions.

Currently only 1 report is shown when using the app. 

Have tried to uppdate all reports from desktop and republish the app and sometimes it works, but then we do an update to the app and again only one report is visible.. 

BrunoVIC
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jayw-msft ,

There is no error message but the new reporting is not integrated in the application.

Thanks

BrunoVIC
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jayw-msft ,

There is no error message but the new reporting is not integrated in the application.

Thanks

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BrunoVIC ,

Is there any error message?

Best Rgeards,

Jay

Hi @v-jayw-msft , 
I am facing the same error. There are lots of bugs both in giving access to users in audiences, as well as the issue like the report not showing up. 
The utility provided by the new feature is really awesome and I can see it being very useful to users across the globe. However due to the number of errors and bugs when working with it, it becomes really unstable and impossible to roll out to business users. 

Thank you.

Agreed. I have submitted trace logs to Microsoft, but now they want logs from a user that is having the permissions required error.

I've now submitted the logs to MS. I hope a solution is put in place soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors