Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with data source credentials Google Analytics

Hi all,

for a little while now I have an issue with my Google Analytics credentials on PBI service.

It shows "Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.".

My credentials are valid though, since I am able to refresh the dataset manually.

Screenshot 2020-12-16 121852.png

As a consequence of this error, I cannot set up a scheduled refresh for the dataset (the area is greyed out).

Screenshot 2020-12-16 121938.png

I have tried with another Power Bi account in a different organization, same issue. I do not have any issue with source credentials nor scheduled refresh on other reports that do not have Google Analytics as a data source.

But all my reports that use the Google Analytics connector as a data source have this issue.

I have also tried to update my credentials, use another Google Analytics account, uninstalling/reinstalling Power Bi desktop... without success so far.

Any idea?

thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
guitar___
Frequent Visitor

I fixed it, here is the solution:

1. Download the latest update of PowerBi Desktop
  2. Refresh and connect everything locally and then update the file / publish
  3. Connecting now works, but you may have to use "Authentification Method: None" for Google Analytics.

It's the PowerBi Update that came out a few days ago.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does the method provided by @guitar___  solve your problem? 

If it is resolved, please kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

guitar___
Frequent Visitor

I fixed it, here is the solution:

1. Download the latest update of PowerBi Desktop
  2. Refresh and connect everything locally and then update the file / publish
  3. Connecting now works, but you may have to use "Authentification Method: None" for Google Analytics.

It's the PowerBi Update that came out a few days ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @guitar___ 

I just got the latest update, will try your method

Best

guitar___
Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue. Is exactly as stated by mpcbto, including the perfect refresh history without errors and no gateway used.

We can manually refresh in Desktop and Online, but we cannot reactivate the scheduled refresh (we had to add another person to the list of e-mail recipients).

We also tried multiple times, different times, etc. - it is not possible. Scheduled refresh stays greyed out even though all connectors are definitely validated with the correct credentials.

And to repeat again: scheduled refresh worked perfectly since months, but when I disabled "scheduled refresh" today for a second to add another e-mail, I now cannot enable it back on.

We did no changes to the underlying Google Analytics connector.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please provide me with the screenshot by clicking the Refresh history in the Datasets setting. If there is a detailed report of the error, please provide it, thank you.

19.png

20.png

For now, you could troubleshooting by yourself through this link. Please check if the gateway is updated to the latest version and also check if the PBIEgwService is always running on your server.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-stephen-msft ,

thanks for the help here.

Here are the screenshots.

I'm not using any gateway as it says I don't need one. Moreover, I'm not sure on what PBIEgwService  is, but I guess it's enabled as I work for a very large organization with thousands of Power BI reports. Plus I have tried in another Microsoft organization and it did not work either.

thanks!

Screenshot 2020-12-18 083231.pngScreenshot 2020-12-18 083217.pngScreenshot 2020-12-18 083208.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors