Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SProctor
Frequent Visitor

Issue with dashboard sharing - The report shown in this tile doesn't exist or...

We just created a new report using Power BI as a service. The report is shared from a group workspace. Some users are getting the message "The report shown in this time doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it". The report is showing in shared with me for each user, and they have pro subscriptions or pro trial subscriptions. Members of the group can view the report, but non members can view other reports shared from the workspace with no issues.

Is anyone else having this issue or is there somehtingI need to alter in security settings when sharing reports that use Power BI as a service?

7 REPLIES 7
SProctor
Frequent Visitor

We have done some further testing around this issue, it definitley only happens with reports created from the Power BI Service, members of the working group can view the report but non members of the group who can view other shared reports without issues cannot view reports created by the service.

Our current workaround is to create a new public working group to share reports on the service out from.

Hi @SProctor,

Maybe you can try to create a support ticket for this issue, I think it may related to some internal properties about these visuals which created on power bi service.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

We have this problem too with a set of dashboards. It's a bit more random for us than stated by others here, most users are able to use dashboard/reports without any problems, others run into this issue after a while, it makes the dashboard non-responsive. A log out does not fix this, a closing of all browsers sessions does not fix this, after an hour or so the problem is fixed by itself.

This occurs with reports are connected to the Power BI Service as a datasource.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @SProctor,

I test with some users who not in the group or out of current tenant, they can view shared dashboard without seeing error message. Can you please share more detail contents about this issue?(for e.g. datasource type, visual type, screenshots,...)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
ckapp
Regular Visitor

Our company has also received this error for the past month. We have issues with any Power BI Report that uses the Power BI Service dataset as the source of the report. The report visual is pinned to a dashboard , if you are in the workspace there are no issues but trying to access through the shared with me location causes the error you describe.

The very odd thing is that if you create another copy of that same dashboard it will work when accessing through shared with me, until you refresh your browser then it will again give the error you describe. But now the first dashboard you create will work, again until you hit the refresh on the browser then vice versa. I worked with a microsoft rep and was not able to pinpoint the issue but plan on getting more assistance. for now we have had to share two dashboards with users and tell them if one is broken go to the other.

If you are able to get any responses I would greatly appreciate if you could share.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ckapp wrote:

Our company has also received this error for the past month. We have issues with any Power BI Report that uses the Power BI Service dataset as the source of the report. The report visual is pinned to a dashboard , if you are in the workspace there are no issues but trying to access through the shared with me location causes the error you describe.

I noticed the exact same issue today. People that I shared a dashboard with didn't have access to view a report that used PowerBI Service as the dataset source.

Hi @Anonymous,

Which datasource the original report used? Can you please provide more detail contents?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors