Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gopi_ks
Regular Visitor

Issue with Paginated report on Power BI premium capacity overloaded message

I have deployed few power BI paginated reports and it was working fine.

Suddenly started getting the below error message on each paginated report and then it takes a while to render the report for each and every operations. It is annoying to check the report every time and changing the parameter vaues.

Gopi_ks_0-1655444006383.png

Kindly let me know how to resolve this issue and how to limit the data from the data source connection itself.

I am using 'Azure analysis services model' as data source.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Gopi_ks
Regular Visitor

Hi, 
I am still facing lot of records loading in browser irrespective of Paramater values whether it is for one month date range or one day date range.
Kindly suggest.

Gopi_ks_0-1655882336742.png

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Looks like your report used exceeds the alloted resource. Please check the Premium capacity metrics app for more details. If you want to filter then you need to filter in your Paginated report either hardcoded filter or using parameters.

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

Thank you Hariharan.

It seems the filters and parameters restrict the data after fetching all the records from data source.
But, I need to restrict the data from the data source itself for the selected filters.
Retriving data itself taking long time and then the report applies the filters and parameters on the data.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Hi,

If you use parameters in the dataset then it will restrict the data that will fetch only limited data from your underlying data source. This is the most recommended option to filter your records. 

Report filters are applied on top of the dataset result. I would recommend you to use parameters to get the minimal records to reports and hope it will not exceed the resources.

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors